Aviation System Technology
Aviation Systems Technology is a limited enrollment program beginning each fall. Federal Aviation Regulations limit the number of applicants accepted into the program to 24 students per class. All applicants must meet minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the program. Please note, however, that meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
Placement Test Scores:
|Reading 81||Reading 41||Reading 80||English/Writing 151|
|Algebra 46||Elementary Algebra 41||Elementary Algebra 55||NCDAP Math 010-050: 7|
College English or Algebra with a grade of “C” or higher may be used to waive some tests.
Acceptable SAT/ACT scores taken within the past 3 years may also waive some of the tests.
|Reading 510||Reading 21|
|Math 520||Math 21|
If the placement test score(s) is below the minimum required for acceptance, an applicant must complete the appropriate developmental coursework as determined by an academic advisor. All developmental coursework must be completed before an applicant will be considered for registration in AVI 110. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete a GTCC application.
- Meet with an admissions advisor for an admissions interview. (Admissions Office hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Thursday and 9:00 am to 4:30 pm on Fridays).
- Complete GTCC Placement Testing, if required by the Admissions Office.
- Have an official high school transcript or GED scores mailed to the Admissions Office. (Official transcripts must be sent directly from the school to GTCC and have the school’s seal or original signature.)
- Have official transcripts from all colleges or schools attended since high school sent to the Admissions Office. These will be reviewed for possible transfer credit.
- If you have a signed FAA 8610-2 or FAA Mechanics License, meet with the Department Chair of Aviation Systems Technology so that copies of that documentation can be made a part of your scholastic record.
- Meet with an admissions advisor after completion of the minimum requirements.
THIS PROCESS COMPLETES THE ADMISSIONS FILE. IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR FILE IS COMPLETE.